This unit specifies the outcomes required to perform basic scaffolding operations associated with planning, erecting and dismantling a scaffold system including, but not limited to tube scaffolds, cantilevered crane-loading platforms, mast climbers, etc. The work described in this unit related to the National Standards for licensing persons performing high risk work.
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulations
- OH&S policy
- Codes of Practice
- Work Requirements, Safety Information and Procedures
- Hazards Identification and Control
- Pre and Post Operational Checks of Intermediate Scaffolding
- Cantilevered and Spurred Scaffolds
- Barrow Ramps and/or Sloping Scaffolds
- Tube and Coupler Scaffolds
- Cantilevered Crane-Loading Platforms
- Mast Climbers
- Hold a current Basic Scaffolding High Risk Work Licence
- You must be 18 years of age or over (as evidenced by photo ID - driver's licence or passport)
- Have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the work safely
- Knowledge of English to a standard that would ensure safe operation in an Australian workplace
- Knowledge Assessment
- Calculation Assessment
- Performance Assessment
After successful completion of your course you will be issued with a Worksafe Notice of Assessment, which will immediately entitle you to perform work until you receive your High Risk Work Licence. We also issue a Statement of Attainment stating the unit achieved and process your Worksafe paperwork for you.
There are currently no courses of this type.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.