This unit specifies the outcomes required to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane/operator. The work described in this unit relates to the National Standards for Licensing persons performing high risk work.
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulations
- OH&S policy
- Codes of Practice
- Work requirements, safety information and procedures
- Hazards identification and control
- Cranes, understanding characteristics
- Demonstrate signals
- Selection and inspection of lifting gear and equipment
- Fibre ropes, bends knots and hitches
- Slinging techniques
- Slinging and moving of loads
- Load movement and placement
- You must be 18 years of age or over (as evidenced by photo ID - driver's licence or passport)
- Read and write English to a basic level
- Have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the work safely
- Knowledge Assessment
- Calculation Assessment
- Performance Assessment
After successful completion of your course you will be issued with a Worksafe Notice of Assessment, which will immediately entitle you to perform work until you receive your High Risk Work Licence. We also issue a Statement of Attainment stating the unit achieved and process your Worksafe paperwork for you.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.